- Bridal wear company supplying nationally and overseas
- All local production on Gold Coast
- Experience in high-end fashion is desirable
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Garment Technician and Patternmaker with strong Lingerie, Swimwear and/or Bridal/Evening Wear Garment Construction skills, has become available in our client’s Gold Coast head office. This Bridal wear company supplies nationally and internationally with overseas showrooms in London and USA. The production is all locally done on the Gold Coast.
This position will see you driving the quality and fit to ensure standards are met and exceeded through all stages of concept, development and bulk production. Experience in high end fashion is desirable.
You will work closely with the production and design team, with a goal to preserve the integrity of the design concept and to ensure the approved product can be reproduced in a bulk environment and meet our high-quality standards. Your aim will be to ensure garments produced satisfy quality standards in terms of consistent fit, construction and workmanship across all our brands and categories.
What your role will look like:
- Review and completion of tech packs, including size specifications, detailing technical construction requirements and grading rules
- Ensuring technical drawings are correct and contain all relevant information
- Working closely with the designers to assess the technical construction viability of new designs
- Work closely with in house patternmaker on patterns, using Style CAD.
- Managing all fittings and provide detailed fit comments & changes to in house manufacturing and contractors.
- Working with Sample machinists on development samples and working with in house manufacturing teams and contractors on bulk production
- Amending tech packs and specifications as required
- Following up with contractors for submission and any resubmission for fit approvals in accordance with the critical path
- Approval of lab dips, trims, accessories
- Finalising Bill of Material and costing sheets
- Managing sample library of approved fabrics, trims and garments
- Some interstate travel will be required for training purposes
To join us and make a difference:
You will have proven experience as a Garment Technician/Patternmaker in Intimates, Lingerie, Bridal/Evening Wear and/or Swimwear – with thorough garment construction/tech pack knowledge and possess the following:
- Tertiary education in Design, Patternmaking and Grading are preferable
- 4 years’ minimum experience working in a similar role
- Strong technical background and a sound understanding of garment construction, pattern making and grading
- Strong fitting and problem-solving skills
- Sewing experience with lingerie, lace, swim and stretch fabrics
- Deep understanding of quality standards and legal labelling requirements for our global distribution
- High attention to detail & consistency
- Strong time management and ability to follow processes
- Sound Computer literacy with Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Netsuite or similar, and Style Cad.
As well as being a great teammate and having a collaborative approach, you are a confident decision maker, organised, methodical and accurate with a good eye for detail.
Don’t delay, apply now for this great opportunity with a local manufacturer and an international presence.